CHANGE OF MIND
Please select carefully before purchasing, as House of Collections does not exchange or refund for change of mind. This policy also covers buyer mis-selection of wrong size, wrong colour, etc.
If you require more detailed product information prior to making your final buying decision, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413667274 and our team will provide additional assistance where possible.
In the extreme instance that we agree to return an item, the buyer is responsible for any delivery charges incurred in returning the item to our Brisbane warehouse.
Your refund will not include:
- Delivery charges from our removalist companies and / or
- Cost of returning the goods to our Brisbane warehouse
Cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or fax, within 48 hours of placing the order. Cancelled orders may carry a restocking fee of 20%.
Any monies (less the restocking fee) will be issued as a Credit Note, valid for use within three months from the date of issue.
Custom or Special Orders cannot be cancelled, unless the item is proven to be faulty.
Refunds are accepted only if the item is faulty or has a serious flaw, that was not known at time of purchase (unless the buyer agreed to), does not match the description or sample shown, or is not fit for the purpose it was sold for.
For more information, please see Claims section below. We do not consider minor measurement difference or slight colour variations as flaws.
As our pieces are manufactured using natural materials, each piece may differ and vary over time with exposure to light and use. Natural imperfections are normal and may include grain and surface texture, knots and distressed highlights in different areas.
If you believe your product to be faulty or have a serious flaw, you may submit a claim to House of Collections. In line with Queensland Office of Fair Trading, it is at the discretion of House of Collections how the claim will be resolved ie. replace goods / repair goods / provide refund.
House of Collections will not accept claims due to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, failure to follow product warning or care information, or where repairs or alterations have been made after purchase.
Consideration on claims will be given should The Buyer:
A) Notify of any defect, claim or damage at time of delivery or within seven days of receipt of goods. Notification must be submitted via email, and include invoice number, contact details and digital photographs of the issue, flaw or damage.
B) Retains any packaging to assist with freight damage claims
- Should House of Collections accept your claim, our team will provide The Buyer with a ‘Claim Receipt’ along with a proposed solution ie. replace goods / repair goods / provide refund.
- A printed copy of your Claim Receipt must be provided when returning goods to our warehouse, or supplied to our approved carrier to return with goods to the House of Collections warehouse.
- Warehouse staff will check goods upon return to our Brisbane warehouse.
- Should House of Collections agree to provide a refund, the purchase price will be credited to the original payment source with seven days of receipt of goods to our warehouse.
- Should House of Collections agree to provide a replacement, this is subject to availability of the same item.
- Should House of Collections agree to carry out repair of goods, this will be undertaken with our approved repairer to the cost of House of Collections. Where a local repairer is not available, this option may include the return of goods to our Brisbane warehouse for repairs.
- Should the damage be deemed as freight damage, House of Collections will submit a damage claim against the carrier and handle the issue as above.